Teresa provides therapy, supervision, training and consultancy in English and Portuguese.
Teresa offers therapy to:
- individuals across the age-range (children, adolescents, adults)
Individual sessions can be offered to adolescents and adults. It is likely that younger children might benefit most from family therapy or a combination of individual and family sessions. This will be discussed and agreed with each individual or family at assessment.
Therapy can be:
It is tailored to each person/family by taking into consideration their needs and preferences.
Teresa reviews the progress, flow and frequency of the sessions on a regular basis and always aims to work with the least number of sessions as possible.
Sessions can be:
- 55 or 90 minutes each
- Weekly to monthly intervals
- Skype sessions and/or email exchange might be possible between face-to-face sessions.
For more information on the How often are the sessions and how many sessions are necessary, please refer to this topic on the Frequently Asked Questions Section (FAQ).
Teresa has over twenty years of experience working with children, adolescents and adults. She has worked with individuals, couples and families with a variety of presenting difficulties. They include:
- Family conflicts
- Marital difficulties and divorce
- Eating disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Family transitions
You do not have to be experiencing a serious mental health problem to benefit from professional support. If you are:
- having difficulties in your relationships
- struggling to lead your life according to your values and goals
- stuck in unhelpful or unhealthy patterns of behaviour
Teresa can help you with these issues. She can help you to:
- reflect on your patterns of behaviour and relationships;
- improve communication;
- realign yourself with your goals and values in life;
- develop strategies and coping skills;
- move your life in the direction that is most meaningful to you.
If you are unsure whether Teresa might be able to help you with your particular problem, please contact her for a free discussion to consider this further.
Teresa works within a sliding scale. Fees depend on the duration, frequency, time and location of sessions.
Liaison with other professionals, reports, Skype sessions and email exchanges have specific rates.